Online dating in London can be an excellent way to meet the person of your dreams. Many people turn to online dating when trying to meet people through friends, in bars, and at social events is not working. When you decide to date online, there are a few tips that you should follow when creating your online profile.
Your profile picture is what will peak the interest of other online dating users. Most online dating sites allow you to post more than one photo. You should post as many as you have, or as many as the site allows. This allows users to get a good idea of what you look like. When posting photos, there are a few guidelines that you should follow.
- Two types of photos: When choosing photos to post, you should choose on close up photo, and one full body shot. This gives potential dates a good idea of how your face and body look.
- Don’t show too much skin: You want to avoid posting photos where you are not fully clothed, or are showing too much skin. These photos can give people the wrong idea about you, and what you are looking for.
- No group photos: It is not a good idea to post photos of yourself with friends, family, or your children. In some cases, users may not know which person in the photo is you. Also, you want them to focus on you alone. If you have a group photo with yourself in it, crop everyone else out of the photo, and then post the picture.
- Use recent photos: When posting photos, you want to post only recent ones. If you post a photo of you from 10 or 15 years ago, you will likely look much different. This will make the first date, awkward. Your date will expect to see the person that you were all those years ago, and not the person that you are today.
The “About Me” Section
Most online dating sites have a section where you can write a few paragraphs about yourself. There are things that you should add, and things that you should not.
Things that you should add, include:
- Your interests, such as sports and hobbies.
- Favorite foods
- Idea of a perfect first date.
Things that you should not add, include:
- Where you work (exact company and address)
- Your address
- Your phone number
- Negative thoughts regarding ex’s, relationships, or the opposite sex
- Lies of any kind
Multiple Choice Questions
Most online dating sites have multiple choice questions for users to answer. These include things like what you are looking for in a relationship, body type, martial status, whether or not you are a drinker, and whether or not you are a smoker. When answering these questions, it is important to answer each one, even if there are a lot. You should also answer these questions truthfully. If you lie on your profile questions, it will come out if you meet someone that you have a connection with. This can make things awkward later. When answering these questions, honesty is the best policy.
Millions of people have tried online dating and have been successful. The best way to find success in online dating is to have a great profile. By following the above tips, you could meet your soul mate sooner than you think.